Thursday, January 9, 2014

Pretty in Pink (Take 5 Pattern)

This quilt top was made during the summer, finished completely in less than a week thanks to Mary Alvarez my newest long arm machine quilter.  Got a Facebook message reminding me that if i wanted to send this quilt to Cuba with my aunt Magaly, i needed to get it to her right away.  Last Saturday i received her message, banged out the two borders and pieced the back.  Met her at Joanne's to pick out a very light weight batting (for weight purposes, for the luggage).  She did her thing, which turned out beautiful!!!  I started binding yesterday and this morning finished and added a label.  She is ready for a new and far away home.
I won the kit and pattern at our Nite Owls Quilt Guild for $5.00.  This quilt cost less than $100.00, a bargain, i say!

No comments:

Post a Comment